Announcement: Call for Participation GRID'2008
The 3rd International Conference on Distributed Computing and Grid-technologies in Science and Education GRID’2008 announces its Call for participation.The event will take place in the Laboratory of Information Technologies of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, in Dubna, Russia, from 30 June to 4 July 2008. for the conference has also opened.
The conference will discuss development of grid technologies in Russia and worldwide, aiming to make plans for further cooperation, to exchange ideas on the creation of grid infrastructures and the development of grid applications in various fields of human activity.
The conference will be held in both Russian and English.
The programme includes plenary reports, sectional reports and poster presentations.
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include:
* questions of creation and experience of exploitation of grid-infrastructures;
* methods and technologies of distributed computations; architecture and algorithms;
* network infrastructure for distributed data processing and storing;
* algorithms and methods of solving applied problems in distributed computing media;
* theory, models and methods of distributed data processing;
* distributed information systems: construction technologies and usage experience;
* grid applications in science and education: high-energy physics, computing chemistry, biology, biomedicine, earth sciences, etc.);
* grid applications in business.
Online submission of theses: 20 May 2008
Visa support: 15 May 2008
Online registration: 20 June 2008
Conference: 30 June to 4 July 2008
Announcement of the 6th International GridKa School - September 8th to 12th, 2008 - registration now open. The school is arranged by the Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC) of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, together with EGEE... Read more
Try the GRID
Become a User
Want to become a user of the EGEE Grid? Click here
If your project is related to EGEE, please register it
Click here for all the EGEE Information Sheets.
Get in touch with the EGEE Project Office at .
If you have questions about the Website contact: .
Please remove NOSPAM from the email address.
EGEE in Other Countries: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
EGEE-II is a project funded by the European Union under contract number INFSO-RI-031688